Current Job Listings
Vice President, Business Development, Short Form
The Vice President of Short Form Business Development is responsible for generating new revenues for Cannella by developing, managing and executing a new business sales plan with a focus on winning new short form DRTV clients. This position is the initial point of contact for prospective clients and is responsible for cultivating the relationships with key decision makers. The VP of SF BD is the strategic team leader responsible for coordinating internal resources and authoring the new business pitch to prospective SF clients. They will work collaboratively with the executive management team and agency colleagues to identify and target high value business sectors and prospective clients and diligently pursue target accounts.
The scope of responsibility and personal accountabilities include the following:
Create and maintain agency marketing materials
- Develops and maintains new business prospecting and pitch materials including credentials, custom presentations, etc.
- Acts as the key steward of all presentation decks and other materials for new business.
- Along with VP of Business Development, creates and directs the production of advertising and marketing collateral materials manages event sponsorship and business networking opportunities and directs media relations efforts.
- Works with the business development team and external creative resources to update and manage the company’s website, Linked in page, blogs and digital marketing efforts (AdWords/SEM, and SEO).
- Develops and executes marketing and messaging campaigns tailored to target categories.
Prospect new business opportunities
- Maintains an active list of client contacts and develops a monthly target list of client prospects, identifies and makes initial contact with key client prospects, and manages and track database of leads.
- Gathers information and insights on prospective business sectors and target accounts.
- Makes connections and develops new alliances within our industry to explore and discover new business opportunities.
- Leverages professional network, general networking opportunities and company/industry resources to get to key decision makers.
- Is active in industry and represents CRT at business functions and networking events.
- Develops and maintains positive, professional relationships with existing business partners and referral sources including (independent sales agents, industry business partners, search consultants and other referral sources.
- Organizes and coordinates company sponsored networking opportunities, hosts promotional sales functions, parties, dinners and luncheons.
- Stays abreast of industry churn to properly position CRT in the mix for opportunities.
- Provides weekly update reports on status of prospects and business development efforts.
- Manage the day to day operations of new business process and will provide organization and analytical expertise to the business development process.
Pitch new client Business
- Develops pitch strategy and manage short form RFP/RFI response team and ensures timely responses.
- Works closely with the VP of Short Form to conceive and pitch media strategies for the agency’s prospects.
- Lead figure in pitching clients and presents RFP responses. Work to utilize all solutions, capabilities and services offered by CRT.
- Directs production of all new pitch materials and is key architect of the agency’s response.
- Along with the director of business development manages sales tracking systems and RFPs/RFIs process.
Work to maintain existing client business
- Work with the VP of SF to manage the business relationships with newly acquired clients.
- Takes new clients from introduction to implementation. Ensure new clients are properly on boarded and introduced to various client departments. Facilitate clear and timely communications between to internal service teams and the client.
- Maintains on-going newly acquired client relationships to anticipate and identify future opportunities and prevent business loss during early stage of new relationships.
- Stays in contact with key client decision makers from time to time and passes on helpful industry news.
- Work with the SF buying team to conceive new media test plans to ensure a successful outcome.
Responsible for targeting and securing new client billing opportunities for Cannella Response Television.
Experience Required: 5+ years related experience
Education Level Required: College Graduate
Location: Burlington, WI or Los Angeles, CA